Reflecting our vision and aligned with the goal of acting responsibly in the community where we operate and in our relations with customers, privacy and personal data protection and its transparent and upright treatment constitute essential values for the entire Mota-Engil Group.
Hence, all the companies that are part of the Mota-Engil Group process personal data based on the following principles:
- Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- Data collection is carried out only for duly determined, clear and legitimate purposes, in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- Data collection is limited to what is strictly necessary and for the time required for the purposes for which it is processed;
- Only our employees, collaborators and partners whose functions require so, have access to any personal data processed;
- Personal data is treated confidentially.
According to the data protection legislation, personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (data owners). An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identity number, location data, electronic identifiers or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of such an individual.
The data controller shall be the company belonging to the Mota-Engil Group with which data owners have a relationship.
Data processing conditions
The companies that are part of the Mota-Engil Group will only process personal data if one of the conditions laid down in the legislation on data protection is met, namely:
- Where the data owner has given their consent to the processing of their personal data;
- Where the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data owner is party, or in order to take steps at the request of the data owner prior to entering into a contract;
- When data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Mota-Engil Group is subject;
- If data processing is necessary to ensure legitimate interests of the Mota-Engil Group.
Personal data retention period
According to the aforementioned principles, personal data processed by the Mota-Engil Group is kept for the time strictly necessary in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected. The determination of these times is carried out based on data retention criteria defined and appropriate for each data processing and respecting legal and regulatory obligations applicable to the Group.
Data owner rights
The Mota-Engil Group ensures that data owners can exercise the rights conferred on them by the legislation on data protection, namely:
- Right of access to personal data (data owners may obtain confirmation as to whether their personal data is being processed and access information about them);
- Right to rectification (data owners may request that it be rectified or that it be completed); their personal data is being processed and access information about them);
- Right to erasure (data owners may request that their personal data be erased in certain situations: (i) if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed, (ii) if data owners withdraw the consent on which the data processing is based and there is no other legal ground therefor, (iii) if data owners object to the processing of their data and there are no overriding legitimate interests, (iv) if the personal data has been unlawfully processed, (v) if the personal data has to be erased under a legal obligation or (vi) if the personal data has been collected in the context of the provision of information society services);
- Right to restrict processing (data owners shall have the right to restrict processing where (i) they contest its accuracy and for a period required to verify its accuracy, (ii) they consider that the processing of their data is unlawful, (iii) if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose of the processing, but such data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or (iv) where data owners have objected to the processing of their data and there is no overriding legitimate interest);
- Right to portability (where the data processing is based on consent or in the performance of a contract and is carried out by automated means, data owners may request the delivery, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, of their personal data which they have provided, and may also request that their personal data be transmitted to another data controller, provided that this is technically possible);
- Right to object (data owners are entitled to object to the processing of their data at any time where (i) such processing is based on the legitimate interest of the person in charge of the data processing or (ii) data processing is carried out for purposes other than those for which the data was collected);
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decisions (in certain situations, data owners are entitled to request human intervention when decisions are made on the basis of automated processing only);
- Right to withdraw consent (data owners have the right to withdraw the consent they have given for the processing of their personal data);
- Right to complain to the Portuguese Data Protection Authority (about any matters relating to the processing of their personal data).
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned above or clarify any questions related to the protection of your privacy and personal data by the Mota-Engil Group, you may do so by registered mail or e-mail to the contacts provided in the “contact us” section on this website.
The companies that are part of the Mota-Engil Group have security, technical and organisational measures at their disposal that ensure the protection of your personal data against personal data breaches (“personal data breach”: a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or subject to any other type of processing) and against any other form of unlawful processing.
The commitment to personal data protection also implies that whenever personal data is transmitted to other entities, such entities are obliged to adopt technical and organisational measures to ensure the same level of protection.
Communication of personal data to other entities
In the course of their activity, the companies that are part of the Mota-Engil Group may have to communicate your personal data to other entities, always ensuring that they present technical and organisational measures that adequately protect your personal data.
Personal data will only be accessed by or shared with the following entities:
- Companies belonging to the Mota-Engil Group;
- Entities providing services to the Group, such as IT support, document management, legal advice, human resources;
- Customers of Mota-Engil Group companies;
- Public authorities (e.g. Portuguese Tax and Customs Authority).
If you wish, you can access detailed information on privacy and processing of personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.